8.17.2009

Dough Play



.
Ewan and I made Play-doh today! Super fun, super easy.
.
The recipe...
1/2 flour
1/4 cup salt
1/2 cup water
1/2 tablespoon oil
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
.
Stir everything together in a pot on low heat until it turns into a ball of dough. That's it. Then divide to mix in different food coloring. Safe to eat, though I don't recommend it... salty! And the recipe even works without cream of tartar... apparently I'm out. :)
.
Found the recipe from this Simple Mom blogpost...

3 comments:

Bry said...

Blue and orange play-doh :) Love it! I don't know if you have given him peanut butter or honey yet (you might be waiting until he's 3, I'm not sure) But if you have look up the recipe for edible play-doh, it had peanut butter, honey, and flour :)

calikatrina said...

Of course you would notice! I didn't think it was that obvious... but what better colors would I choose! :)

CrisG in CA said...

Hey! I used to make you play-doh when you were little. The homemade kind is softer and doesn't dry out as fast. Of course back then I was really happy with anything that I didn't have to go to the store for! I.E. homemade play-doh, pizza, ice cream, bread, clothes, granola bars, etc. (seems I had lots of time back then) Love Mom