4.21.2008

What a night!

Dear Sweet Baby Boy,
Boy, what a night we had! When your daddy got home from a long day of work, I told him we had a busy day of running errands, and that I maybe overdid it because I wasn't feeling so good. He asked me when I had last felt you kick, and because I was so busy I couldn't remember. So, he brought us home dinner (he knows you love In-N-Out) and we rested on the couch for the rest of the night. Because you are such an active baby, especially after dinner, he was hoping to feel you kick and know that you had gotten the nutrition you needed after a long day. You must have been as tired as I was and decided you were just going to lie still and rest. Well you know what happened next... we went to bed, and daddy couldn't concentrate on his homework because you still hadn't you moved a bit. He followed us upstairs, sat next to us on the bed, and put his hand over mommy's belly for the next 45 minutes, talking to you and waiting patiently for you to move. I knew that you were sleeping peaceful like you should, but daddy was getting more worried by the minute. He finally decided to call the hopsital at 11:30pm to speak with the doctor on call to tell them how concerned he was for the two of us. He even put me on the phone to talk to the doctor (I'm sure you heard). All I wanted to do was go to sleep, so while daddy got back on the phone I begged you to just kick a little so that we could put his worries to rest. So, THANK YOU for waking up in the middle of your sound sleep and kicking daddy's hand, letting him know that you were perfectly fine. I knew everything was ok, we just have to remember to let daddy know sometimes. I hope you got a good night's sleep by the time we were left at peace at midnight! I was pretty tired today, but am going to take you to bed early tonight to get some extra rest.

Daddy may be a little extra watchful sometimes, but it's because he loves you so much! As do I.
Hugs and Kisses,
Mommy

1 comment:

molly june. said...

i had those scares too and even went as far as driving myself to the doctor's office to put my mind at ease! the doctor would just giggle because they were always sleeping :) darn kids!